Vitor Pereira will succeed Andre Villas-Boas as head coach at Shanghai SIPG, the club announced on Tuesday.
The former Olympiacos boss had been out of work since leaving 1860 Munich in June and replaces Villas-Boas – who quit to take part in next year s Dakar Rally – at the helm, just as he did at Porto in 2011 having worked as his assistant.
Pereira will be hoping to emulate his achievements at Porto, where he won back-to-back Primeira Liga titles. He also oversaw a domestic double during six months at Olympiacos.
Shanghai SIPG are delighted to announce Vitor Pereira as the club s new head coach, read a statement.
Pereira is renowned for having an eye for developing young players, which is tallied with our club s high regard for youth developmen…
Brighton have confirmed the signing of 18-year-old midfielder Malick Yalcouye from Swedish side IFK Goteborg.
Yalcouye joins the Seagulls on a five-year contract, arriving at the AMEX Stadium for a reported £6million fee.
The teenager, who holds dual nationality with Mali and Ivory Coast, joined Goteborg last year after making his debut in the African Champions League for ASEC Mimosas.
He made 11 appearances in the Swedish Allsvenskan, making his debut in February and scoring his first goal six games later against IF Brommapojkarna.
We’re delighted to confirm the signing of central midfielder Malick Yalcouye from IFK Goteborg on a contract until June 2029.
— Brighton Hove Albion (@OfficialBHAFC)
He is a talented midfielder with …
James Milner s future at Liverpool is uncertain as the veteran revealed he was still waiting to hear about possible contract talks.
Milner is out of contract at the end of the season and could be set for an exit from Anfield, where he arrived on a free transfer in 2015.
The versatile 33-year-old, who helped Liverpool win the Champions League last season, said he had not heard back from the club regarding a possible new deal.
As it stands, last year we spoke to the club and asked them if they wanted to do something and they said not at that time, Milner told UK media.
We haven t heard anything since, so that s where we are at.
All I can do is concentrate on my football and do what I can, but in terms of where I am with my contract, that s what h…
Manuel Pellegrini warned former club Manchester City of the difficulties they face later in the season in their bid for a quadruple.
City won the EFL Cup on Sunday and are still in contention for the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup.
Their busy schedule may have already started to take its toll as Fernandinho and Aymeric Laporte suffered injuries in the win over Chelsea.
Pellegrini, who led City to a Premier League title in 2013-14, said it would be tough for Pep Guardiola s men to compete for every trophy.
All is possible in football, he told a news conference as his West Ham side prepare to visit City on Wednesday.
The way that you continue in all the competitions is more difficult, but I said during the first season that I was in c…
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is not at all concerned about his position and is amazed at the focus on his future.
The Gunners came in for heavy criticism for their performance in last Sunday s 3-0 defeat to Manchester City in the EFL Cup final at Wembley.
Wenger has a contract until the end of next season but reports in England suggest he could be replaced this year, with Germany boss Joachim Low among those linked with the role.
However, the 68-year-old insists he is only worried about Thursday s Premier League clash with Pep Guardiola s side, having spent much of his two decades at Arsenal dismissing speculation about his job.
My position is my position. Honestly, that s the last worry I have at the moment. My focus is to get the team ready for the ga…