Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren has been impressed by the club s new signings during pre-season.
Sadio Mane, Joel Matip and Loris Karius have joined the club, who have also been linked to Georginio Wijnaldum and Ragnar Klavan.
Lovren, who headed to Anfield from Southampton in July 2014, said the new boys had settled in well.
You don t need to talk about that [what it means to play for Liverpool], they know which club they came to and they know what people expect from them, he told the club s website.
They also saw our games on television. So they know everything about the club, but we are here to help them adapt quicker. For now, they are doing really quite well.
Every change is difficult in the beginning. I will help them make it easier, like …
Malcom is hopeful of sealing a transfer to Bayern Munich at the end of the season, with Bordeaux president Stephane Martin encouraging the winger to dream.
The Brazilian has established himself as one of the up-and-coming stars of European football this term, netting 10 goals in 33 Ligue 1 games and reportedly earning a five-year contract with Bundesliga champions Bayern.
And while Malcom insists he has no knowledge of such a deal, he would welcome the move.
I do not know, my advisors and I did not talk about [the contract], he told Bild. But if it s true, it makes me very happy. Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Bordeaux chief Martin is not playing down the possibility of the transfer either, despite a recent denial from Bayern s Karl-H…
Stuart Pearce has blasted Roy Hodgson s decision to include Jonjo Shelvey in the England squad for their upcoming Euro 2016 qualifiers.
Swansea midfielder Shelvey, whose only previous cap came against San Marino in October 2012, was handed a call-up on Thursday, despite Hodgson admitting that the 22-year-old had refused to play for the Under-21 side since his last game in August 2013 versus Scotland.
He would have been asked, if you like, to step back down after, in his eyes, stepping up, Hodgson said.
I believe Gareth [Southgate, the under-21 coach] spoke to him and he was reticent, maybe, to play and as a result Gareth chose other people.
Nottingham Forest manager Pearce, who resigned as Under-21 boss following his side s woeful performance at the…
Fenerbahce confirm Nani talks
Turkish giants Fenerbahce have moved to confirm that they are on the verge of signing Portuguese winger Nani from Manchester United.
The Canaries are believed to have agreed a €6 million deal with the Red Devils, and they moved to confirm that the player was set to arrive in Istanbul to undergo a medical.
“Nani will be in Istanbul on Sunday for medical check up,” Fenerbahce wrote on their official Twitter account.
Nani returned to Old Trafford after a very successful loan spell with Sporting Lisbon, but it soon became clear he would be moving again this summer.
The 28-year-old had another three years to run on his contract at Manchester United, but he, nonetheless, decided to leave the club in search of first …
Stoke City manager Tony Pulis insists his side will treat the FA Cup seriously ahead of their third-round clash with Crystal Palace.
Stoke lost 1-0 to Manchester City in the final of the competition in 2010/11 but were knocked out of the Capital One Cup earlier this season by Swindon Town after Pulis rested several key players.
Ahead of Saturday s clash with Palace, Pulis said that although the league remains his main focus this season, they will treat English football s oldest club competition with respect.
The Premier League is the main priority without a question of a doubt, but we want to do well (in the Cup). We ve proved that we do take the FA Cup seriously, he told reporters.
I ll certainly change one or two because I think one or two need a res…
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang believes Marco Reus return from injury is crucial to kick-start Borussia Dortmund s season.
The Germany international has been out since the end of the 2015-16 campaign with a groin injury that forced him to miss Euro 2016, but he returned to training last week.
And with Reus soon to be back on the pitch, Aubameyang has had words of encouragement for his team-mate, who he says has an important role in a Dortmund side struggling to keep pace with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
It s a good sign that he s back training again, the Gabon international told the league s official website. We need Marco.
I sent him a message not long ago, telling him to keep believing in himself. I also told him personally how important his retur…
Juventus missed the opportunity to punch their ticket to the Champions League knockout stages as Corentin Tolisso s late header earned Lyon a 1-1 draw in Turin.
Serie A champions Juve knew a win at Juventus Stadium on Wednesday would have been enough to secure a last-16 berth.
All appeared well for Massimiliano Allegri s men when Gonzalo Higuain clinically dispatched a first-half penalty after teenager Mouctar Diakhaby clumsily shoved Stefano Sturaro in the area.
That was Higuain s 100th goal for Italian teams and he missed a gilt-edged opportunity to double his and Juve s tally shortly before the break, while Mario Mandzukic was wasteful on a couple of occasions.
And it ultimately proved costly as Juve were punished for a lacklustre second-half showing w…
Erling Haaland reminds Gary Neville of a villain from a James Bond film, with the former Manchester United defender adding that the striker could go on to be the best player in the world .
Haaland has scored 10 goals in his first six Premier League appearances for Manchester City in an electric start to life in the Premier League.
Having lit up the Bundesliga during his time with Borussia Dortmund, Haaland now looks set to double down on his increasing reputation as one of the game s deadliest marksmen.
Following back-to-back hat-tricks against Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest, the 22-year-old was on the scoresheet again on Saturday as City drew 1-1 at Aston Villa.
In his Sky Sports podcast, former Manchester United defender Neville stated his beli…
Javier Zanetti says under-fire head coach Simone Inzaghi knows Inter must end their Serie A slump as he fights to keep his job.
The pressure increased on Inzaghi when the Nerazzurri were consigned to a 1-0 defeat by Monza at San Siro on Saturday.
Inter have slipped to fifth in the table, two points behind fourth-placed fierce rivals Milan after taking just one point from their past five matches.
Inzaghi s side are still in the hunt for two trophies, leading Benfica 2-0 in their Champions League quarter-final ahead of a home second leg on Wednesday and locked at 1-1 with Juventus in a Coppa Italia semi-final.
Inter vice-president Zanetti played down reports that crisis talks were held with Inzaghi following their latest loss last weekend, but confirmed he …
FIFA president Sepp Blatter says changes will be made to the voting process for World Cup hosting rights.
The awarding of the 2018 and 2022 tournaments to Russia and Qatar respectively in December 2010 saw world football s governing body come under scrutiny.
And Blatter, acknowledging the need to mitigate fierce competition for the right to stage the prestigious tournament, has since flagged a wider voting process in the future.
The selection of a country to host the World Cup or the Olympics is something that inevitably is of great interest to the governments of the candidate nations, he told AS.
I can understand that the political leaders try to convince other countries to vote for them I saw this in December 2010, when Russia was chosen for 2018 and …